Want to find something?

Sunday, April 12, 2009

FAIL!

Ok, so I reread what I wrote like a year ago... And I continue failing to update this more often. So if you've been reading this, my life changed dramatically from the last post. Now I'm a first-year (rising sophomore in month, YAY!) at the College of Wooster in Ohio. So far life's been both good and bad. I've had both sides of the college experience, and it's been fun. I've met some really cool people since last post. I've met a whole new set of friends and even a family that adopted me as one of them after meeting me only once. I've been very lucky and I am very grateful for that.
It's been hard being away from the family, but it was bound to happen. We all have to leave the nest and just live our own lives and make our own mistakes... (I've grown up a little, apparently)
'K... doesn't matter, no one was reading this before anyways... So we start again from scratch.
Hi, my name is Anarru (the Squanda thing is joke I shall explain sometime in the future). I'm a first year at the College of Wooster, OH. I am originally from both Honduras and Spain (very confusing, I know...) I'm a bit of kid and I like to joke around a lot, I think I might have some ADD and hyperactivity which is worse when eat sugar. But I like to think I'm also very mature for my age, I just believe that if you lose contact with the kid inside, you are going to lose everything. Right now, I'm in my last weeks of my first year, and after that is home and an amazing holiday in Spain with my roommie, Cassie, who is one really cool girl.
So enough going back and remembering, right now I should be doing homework or something, but I decided to salvage this instead and write a little for a while. The thing is this, I don't know what to write about... I could write about Infinite Series, and how horrible I think they are... but no, that's going to be tomorrow. I know! I'll write about the music I've been listening to lately!
I rediscovered this Spanish band called Fangoria. They are great, icons of Spanish music and culture. My favorite song so far is called "Voy a Perder el Miedo" or "I'm going to stop being afraid" and it talks about how I'm feeling at the moment. She says she wants to stop being afraid, that she is going to learn who she really wants to be, that she is going to be right when she defends her point of view. She is going to do things right with courage. She is going to doubt everything she knows, going to start from zero without really thinking where is the end. She is going to climb without stopping and she is going to fall, but's okay because she is going to get back up again. She is going to start losing her fears to lose if the guy she likes leaves (this could be a metaphor for anything else). She is even going to question gravity, if it keeps her from him.
It's a very pretty song, and even if currently there's no "him" in my life, I can still try to lose the fear to lose. This year really thought me how to do that, losing the fear of failure, by failing. You are going to fail, but it's okay, you just need to have the straight to get up and try again, and again, and again...
Mood: Distracted and very philosophic
Song: "Voy a Perder" Fangoria

No comments: